- delivered sporting and business intelligence to a number of private equity and blue chip companies;
- conducted sponsorship and investment searches for a variety of sports organisations;
- worked with a multi-channel network provider (particularly in the acquisition/provision of content);
- been contracted on behalf of a digital start-up to advise them on launching their product, and to conclude deals with sports bodies, broadcasters and data companies;
- advised interested parties looking at entering Formula One;
- provided bespoke consultancy to an International Federation;
- engaged in discussions with technology providers about in-stadia solutions;
- presented on monetising the customer experience from a digital strategy perspective;
- organised a Formula One Fans’ Forum for over 400 attendees in Austin, Texas (which was broadcast live);
- organised a PDC (Darts) Fans’ Forum in Glasgow for 200 people (which was broadcast live);
- delivered general commercial advice to rights owners, including in respect of betting regulations and integrity procedures;
- managed an endurance athlete and an author, advising each of them on their intellectual property rights resulting in a sponsorship deal for the athlete, and additional revenue streams to exploit for the author; and
- worked with a technology start-up on VR, data acquisition, broadcast tools and eSports programmes.
In October 2014, Oliver was appointed as General Secretary of the inaugural Formula E Teams’ Association, tasked with setting up the Association, and working on a mandate for the ten founding Teams, to work collaboratively and with Formula E, in ensuring the Championship is attractive and sustainable going forward.